Monday, March 21, 2005

My reply

Hi there Noriyuki. Im glad your mail came to tell me the truth about living in Japan.
At the moment I am on school break, I have too much free time because I am on vacations and I take advantage of the opportunity to study a bit and reply to your e-mail.

I heard that in Japan the work was hard, and that people was kind of "workaholic"...but I never thought it was that much. Here people work just 8 hours a day and go home every night to sleep...there’s no bed in the office or that little rooms to rent by some hours.
I like to work a lot when i am doing the work I like so, if once I get there I think I’ll have to make some initial effort to begin but soon I’ll get the rush...
It may be very hard to work there in Japan but I expect the people recognize you and respect you by your work.
humm , I don’t know exactly about the freedom you tell...because if there was too much freedom as it is here many people wont work and wont produce and the country would go down economically.

But I am curious about your free time ...is there no free time at all in Japan?

About that subject of getting money from the state here it is getting really abused here and it is getting no sustaintable because the country is getting no production to get over the expense.
I wrote one article about that but at now it is in Portuguese, once I translate I send it to you.

About education here the schools are free, people pay taxes and get free school...and maybe that’s the point! Maybe that's why it has so bad quality. Here in Portugal we got one of the worst educations of European Union and our government seems to ignore the way to get it better.
Here in contrary of what happens in Japan children got all the freedom. They can even call bad names to teachers, send flying objects in the air and beat the colleagues. There is no respect for the teacher because the teacher cannot do anything when they got bad behavior. it is forbidden to stroke with palms in the hands of the children or even to scold hard to them...even when teacher scold sometimes because of the bad conduct some parents go to school and get mad with the professor and even sometimes he is injured by them...

and there is another point that is extremely bad in my country is the burocratic point...in here just to get some necessary document it takes almost years...nothing works here...the public function is old and lazy. They got automatic promotions and career ascension without any effort so they work bad and slow...and then you never get anything done in time.

About anthropology...I think it has a bit of philosophy involved...we learn a lot of human thinking and thinkers including Marx and Adam smith. We study exotic societies and their thinking and way of do things, and then we reflect about our own society...maybe that’s why I am so critic.
and about the gun topic...yesterday 2 more policemen was killed in a dangerous ghetto near to Lisbon...one of them was 23 years old and was shot for some Brazilian imigrant . a few hours later he was caught and it was known that he was some drug and gun dealer ...he got hundreds of guns at home included shotguns and even snipers...the bullet that killed that two policemen was bigger that those the police man use in their hand gun.
as you see entering in Portugal and get legalized is very very simple...you just have to enter the national territory and try to get a job and then its all fine...you just have to deal with some burocratic stuff and that’s all fine, you are even allowed to get your family in too. In Portugal we have lots of immigrants from too many countries like Angola, Mozambique, guinea, st tomé, Brazil, ucrania, Romania and Moldavia.
and talking about the Islam culture, I get a net-friend that is Muslim and natural from Pakistan that is actually living in Japan and he teaches me a lot of Muslim culture and history...I am glad I can find over the network people from different countries and cultures that share with me their way of living and their believes
I am counting on you to share our knowledge of the world, and all the topics that matters at the time too.Maybe next time we got new topics to discuss.
I’ll wait for your reply...don’t worry,You have time...the duty first ^^
Take care


--
Renata

No comments: